The other day, I was treated to some old home videos. The first one was from Helen's parent's retirement party in the late 90's, and the second was Adam's 1st birthday party in 1993.
Both were held here at their home, and I didn't think you could fit so many people into a small space. And so many smoking! Lots & lots of music & dancing (even some on the table!), with the dancing done in the traditional local way, ie both arms held in the air making a Y shape! Lots of rakia was drunk, including some drinking games, even between the men & women (who could definitely hold their own in that competition).
Obviously I could not understand what was being said, or the music, but the interesting thing for me was catching glimpses of Helen from 15 years ago. Grrrr! There are loads of photos around the house of Helen, Adam & even myself, but if you look hard enough you can also find the older ones of Helen, going back to when she was at school! What a little cutie!
2 comments:
Now you know how Helen feels when she gets to see all the old photos of you up in Parkes.
I don't know about you, but I love looking at other people's photos.
For you, it must be great to be able to see photos and even movies (!) of Helen and Adam from years ago. I think it gives you a whole new perspective of the people.
Post a Comment