Saturday, January 29, 2011

Colombia!

Now in Cartagena. Beautiful city. Not so impressed by the beachs, but the old Spanish walled city is spectacular. At night they light up the cathedral & it is amazing. It takes a lot to impress this jaded old jetsetter, but I was awestruck. Even the second night I saw it, I couldn't draw my eyes from it. Tried taking photos, but they do not do it justice





- The Colombian drivers are as suicidal as I remember them from my last visit in 1997. I have been in cars in many many countries, but these guys frighten me the most, and most consistently!

- The taxis here in Cartagena are so tiny! They are about the smallest cars you can get with 4 doors. Put 4 passengers in them, and they struggle to get over a speed bump, let alone get up a large hill

- After the relative cold of Florida, this place is a sauna (30C during the day). And it is still winter!

No comments: