Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Yet another day...

Fairly quiet day yesterday (Tues). A sleep in, followed by a huge brunch (11:00), then off to Helen's niece's parents-in-law for a huge late lunch (16:00). I am not sure if it is because of the late wakeups (altho not too late, still generally surfacing around 09:00), but the meals here seem to be at odd times. The evening meal is often fairly early, around 5-6pm. Anyway, regardless of the timing, they are always HUGE meals! The "new" component for this one was sarma, altho apparently done with grape leaves rather than the typical cabbage leaves. As always, beautiful! The only dish I have not liked so far on this trip was some fish prepared for the first graveside vigil.

In the evening, Mirko (husband of niece) took Adam out to a cafe with his friends to watch some soccer on TV (I refuse to call it football). As such, Helen & I took advantage & headed off ourselves to another cafe for some private time & a drink or two.

A very pleasant day

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So how much weight have you put on?