Well, it is all over now, even the shouting.
Got home oh-dark-thirty on Sunday morning, after a nice 36hrs plus of travelling! 3 hr drive to Belgrade + 2hr wait for flight + 3hr flight to London + 7hr layover (in lounge thankfully, but still a long time!) + 13hrs London to Singapore + 2hr transit + 8hrs Singapore to Sydney (no upgrades :-( ).
Felt (& smelt) like cr*p when we finally got home, with a big fight to see who showered first!
After all the preparation, there where no issues at Customs when we arrived, with a wooden spice rack being given a cursory glance, but Helen's fox not even rating a mention! I was quite surprised!
Sunday was full of chores trying to get back on track, but we had a bit of a nap late afternoon. Not quite the weather we had hoped for, but at least it was a little warmer than Leskovac. Come 11:30pm, we went to bed despite not really feeling tired, altho everyone was fast asleep within minutes of our heads hitting the pillows.
Now we are back to harsh reality, with Helen off to work today. I know from personal experience that she will "hit the wall" around 2pm, feeling VERY tired. With only another 3 hrs to go before finishing work! Yay!
Don't expect any more updates on this blog, at least regarding this trip. If I do another long trip away for work, I might take it up again, as this is why I originally registered the blog. But don't hold your breath!
No comments:
Post a Comment